Skiptech Services Terms & Conditions
1. Trading terms. These are the terms and conditions which apply to the supply of the services (“the Services”). These terms apply on every occasion J.J. Richards & Sons Pty Ltd trading as Skiptech Services (SS) provides the Services unless otherwise agreed in writing between SS and the Customer.
2. Acceptance. The Customer can confirm acceptance of these terms either in writing or verbally. If you do not indicate your acceptance of these terms and otherwise accept delivery of the equipment, you will be taken to have agreed to them by your conduct.
3. Service Days and Frequency. SS will perform the Services, at the location (Customer’s Premises) and at the frequency or days agreed.
4. Hire Period. If the equipment hired by the Customer is:
a. Greater than 3m3 size bin, the Hire Period is seven (7) days;
b. 2.3m3 size bin or less, the Hire Period is fourteen (14) days.
5. Additional Hire Fee. Where the equipment remains in the Customer’s possession for longer than the Hire Period, the Additional Hire Fee of $50.00 per week will apply.
6. Changeover. Any changeover of equipment is considered the supply of a new hire arrangement.
7. Ownership. The Customer acknowledges that unless purchased through a separate agreement, equipment remains the property of SS at all times.
8. Missed Service. In the event that SS is unable to perform the Services at the Customer’s Premises on the day/s agreed through no fault of SS and as a result of acts or omissions of the Customer, SS shall charge the Customer $50.00 (Futile Service Fee).
9. Warranties. The Customer agrees, and it is a condition of this Agreement, that it must:
a. Not place the following items in the equipment: asbestos (unless an asbestos bin has been ordered), tyres, chemicals, paint, batteries or food waste.
b. Ensure no liquid waste, flammable or combustible, regulated, prescribed, hazardous or dangerous goods are placed in the equipment provided, including pesticides, sharps, oils, perishables and solvents.
c. Not fill the equipment past the top rails (Allowable Height).
d. Not compact waste except where the equipment provided is compaction equipment.
e. Instruct all personnel in the safe and proper use of the equipment.
f. Not remove the equipment from the Customer’s Premises or the location the equipment was placed at within the Customer’s Premises.
g. Reimburse SS for the cost of repairs for damage to the equipment while in direct control or possession of the Customer except for fair wear and tear.
h. Ensure that SS has unobstructed access to the Customer’s Premises such that SS is not prevented or hindered in any way from providing the Service.
10. Bin Placement and Positioning. SS will endeavour to place the equipment as close as reasonably practicable to the Customer’s preferred location.
11. Compliance with Council By-Laws. Prices quoted do not include payment for any permit that may be required for the placement of the equipment. The Customer should make all relevant enquiries as to the applicability of any local government or regulatory fees relating to the placement of the equipment. These enquiries and fees are the Customer’s responsibility unless agreed otherwise.
12. Allowable Weight.
a. A 3, 4 or 6 cubic meter skip must not exceed 4 tonne and a 12, 15 or 20 cubic meter skip must not exceed 12 tonne (Allowable Weight).
b. The Customer acknowledges that the weight of the waste deposited in the equipment shall not exceed the Allowable Weight. SS may refuse to transport the equipment if the Allowable Weight of the equipment is exceeded.
c. If the Customer exceeds the Allowable Weight or Allowable Height and the equipment cannot be safely lifted using SS’ equipment or the height of the load extends beyond the top of the equipment, SS may refuse to transport the equipment. Where SS refuses to transport the equipment, the Customer may elect to:
d. Weight in excess of the Allowable Weight may be invoiced by SS as an extra charge at the agreed rate (Excess Weight Charge).
13. Payment on delivery. The Customer agrees to pay for the service either before or upon delivery of the equipment.
14. Cancellations. The Customer may cancel or vary an order provided that SS receives no less than one (1) working days’ notice prior to the originally scheduled delivery date. Where the Customer cancels delivery of the equipment on the agreed day for delivery, a fee of $35.00 will apply.
15. Allowable Waste Only. The Customer will only dispose of material permitted under the terms of this agreement in the equipment.
16. Other charges:
a. The Customer may elect to receive invoices and other notices by post or email. If a Customer elects to receive invoices and other notices by post, SS shall charge the Customer a postal administration fee (Postal Charge) of $3.54 per invoice.
b. Where the Service relates to a waste that is required to be tracked by any environmental authority, SS will be entitled to charge the Customer the Environmental Management Charge (EMC) agreed and/or published on our website for each waste type.
c. Where the Customer’s method of payment fails, the Customer will be charged a $10.70 dishonoured payment fee.